Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the world of Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising! Will you succumb to the impending madness? Or perhaps live long enough to reach the realm of the sun?

Character Stories

Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Character Stories Empty Character Stories

Post by Glass Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:25 pm

If anyone has any character stories/ideas and stuff that relate to any of the characters and how they were before current events, it all goes here.

To set us off, here's a story about Zerinika, before she became what she is now in first person.

Master was always nice to me. He taught me to fly, he let me roam the lab, but lately he's been acting strange. He's been experimenting with the others and I fear that he'll try to experiment on me next. He still was nice, though I've noticed that his eyes are becoming slightly purple, as though they've been tinted with evil. I fear it's only a matter of time...

He finally snapped. He turned on me, grabbing me and pinning me to a table. He cut off my wing talons and the spines on my legs. The pain was unbearable. I shut my eyes, not wanting to see what he'd done, but I felt it. I could feel the blade, though I stayed silent. I fear what he'll have done to me.

I must have fell unconscious, since when I woke, there was a large scar on each of my wings, and on my tail there was a blade, the grafting of metal-to-skin was sloppy, and the scar where it had been merged hurt something terrible. The color had drained from my scales and fur, and my eyes were tinted purple. I fear I am losing myself.

Since the experiment, I've noticed myself becoming more and more antisocial. I occasionally snapped, a sign of my frayed sanity. My eyes are becoming more red. I fear the day I actually snap. The scientists have put me in a metal room. They fear I'll snap at any moment. They are cursing Master's name. I knew I should have never trusted Master.

Master insists that I'm fine. I'm sane. He's got another thing coming. He mutilated me. He destroyed me. He killed any sanity left. My eyes have become a blood red. I've gotten stronger, I feel my innocence burning up. Innocence is for the weak. I am no longer the wyvern I once was.

I finally broke out. The blood everywhere was glorious. I felt a surge of satisfaction whenever the music of death pierced my ears. The blade on my tail was painted red with blood. My innocence and sanity was replaced by murder and insanity. Innocence was a weakness, sanity was a distraction. Murder was strength, insanity was satisfaction. I am now a deadly weapon, not a useless pet. Master is going to regret the day he gave me such a deadly weapon.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Character Stories Empty Re: Character Stories

Post by Glass Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:19 pm

+Have some Obsidian backstory.
    Character Stories Obsidian_by_glasstheabsol-d8c2i2m

The vulpine sat on top of the Clock Tower, his dark grey fur blending him into the grey surroundings of the Last Citadel. Any odd passerby would look at the fox and think that he was just resting, or that he just needed air, but not this one onlooker. They knew this fox. This was a killer, this was a murderer. This was a Rouge. That much was evident from the blue necklace that has a single diamond on it, the stone black from the years of being Exiled. No longer did it shine with the red glow of the enchanted diamonds The Rouges wore, no. This Rouge was an Exile, a traitor. And he was notoriously hard to put down.

The assassin jumped up to the Clock Tower, scaling the wall and coming up behind the vulpine. Surely this was it, this was their chance to end the suffering of all the citizens of the Last Citadel? It was supposed to be easy, sneak up behind the fox, behead him and toss the head away so he couldn't somehow come back. But when the assassin got to the top of the Clock Tower, he was frozen in place as the fox was looking over his shoulder, one eye watching him carefully. "Are you the one they sent to put me down?" He asked, but the assassin couldn't answer. He was stuck staring into the fox's dark, shadowy eyes. They had warned him that the fox had been possessed by The Spirit of Darkness, but this was not what the assassin was expecting.

The fox looked back away. "Guess not. What are you doing here then?" He asked, and the assassin stumbled, finally released from the stare. He blinked, looking down at his blade, and then at the fox's back. He dropped the blade and went to sit next to the fox. With a flick of those dreadful black and grey eyes, the fox looked down at the assassin, waiting. "I came here to kill you yes, but now... I just want answers." The assassin said, looking up at the fox. The Exile sighed, closing his eyes. Much to the surprise of the assassin, when thy were opened again, the vulpine's eyes were in three colors, blue, white and red. The assassin blinked. "How..?" But the fox shook his head.

"I'll explain later. For now, just listen." The fox said, sighing. The assassin blinked. Even the fox's voice had changed into something... more innocent sounding. "I never used to be the killer I am today. In fact, I was quite the opposite. I used to be a companion, a friend, a comrade. This was long before I came to The Ruins. Long before I even became the creature I am today. This was when I was still a regular red fox."

"I was always different. I was born with the eyes you see now, tri-colored, they called it. I was the freak, the odd one out, the reject. The runt. I was kicked out of my clan, and left to fend for myself. I wandered, unable to fend for myself. Eventually I found myself at a city. Foxes were common around the place, so no one paid mind to a new arrival. Well, almost. A younger child, no older than the age of 8, found me wandering the streets. They took a look at my eyes and knew something was odd about me." The fox let out a lighthearted laugh. "And so, the child picked me up and took me to their home. As a young pup, I couldn't do much, so I just went along with it."

"When the child arrived home, they got scolded for bringing home a stray fox that probably was ridden with disease. At the time I didn't know what they meant, as I had only just come from a clan to a city, then to a strange home. The child insisted and told the adults to look at my eyes. The damn things became a bargaining tool. The child knew that I was odd and used to their advantage, the sly bastard. Eventually the adults agreed, and I was accepted into the household."

"For the first few days, I was left alone, left to wander the new house and investigate. Back then I didn't know just how valuable a fox like myself was, I just knew that I was different. So when the house was robbed, of course I was stolen as well."

"The robbers knew that they had to drop me off, or else my owners would come looking, and so they traded me in for gold and I was tossed into a fighting ring. The opponents I was up against were often larger and stronger than me, so I had to use cunning and speed to defeat them, or else the punishment was injury or death. I learnt to be fast, and cunning as often I was pitted into fights. I grew up in the ring. It was the only life I knew. My clan was forgotten, my previous house, forgotten."

"I had become infamous in the ring - the odd-eyed fox that was too cunning and quick for his own good. I had heard rumors about the ring leader planning to off me so that I didn't get too cunning and escape. Of course, if that happened, there would be an uproar. I was the star of the ring, and they didn't want to lose their best fighter. Like my time in the house though, my winnings in the ring drew to a close when someone informed the police about us."

"We were ambushed during a fight, myself up against a large Doberman that had too many teeth for it's jaws. Just as I was about to win, the police barged in, and the Doberman took the chance to escape, jumping over my head and out the gate, panic making him unpredictable. I found a place to hide and stayed there until the commotion had died down. When I emerged, the ringleader had been handcuffed and was yelling curses and slander. The police gagged him and only once they were gone did I finally let myself known."

"I was traded from hands to hands, the unwanted ex-fighter with an odd eye color, until finally I was given to a sailor that needed a canine that was experienced in fighting. I was known for being difficult to train, but something about this sailor seemed... Different. He was persistant, I'll give him that. No matter how many times I bit him, how may times I ignored him, the sailor still persisted. He was an odd one, that's for sure."
    The Exile sighed, looking away for a few seconds before he continued.

"Eventually, I came around. He was a nice bloke, pushy, but intriuging. He and I were good friends, just him, his crew and myself on the ocean. It was here that I got the name Obsidian. We were sailing through a storm, the waves were relentless. Twice we were almost capsized, and twice we managed to dodge certain death. We spent two days and one night in that storm, and our ship suffered badly. We were sinking, slowly, but surely. That was when they showed up."

"They were pirates, black flag with skulls and all. With our ship damaged, we could do nothing but watch as the pirate ship pulled up alongside us, tossing harpoons over and dragging the two boats together. Our crew didn't stand a chance as the pirates jumped aboard and slaughtered us. I fought as well as I could, but I didn't have the weapons I do now. It didn't take long for me to be batted aside and tossed overboard. I hit the water and swam to try and get back to the ship, but the current pulled me away. Exhausted from the fight and from swimming against the current, I passed out, certain that it was my last day alive. Clearly I was wrong."

"When I woke, I was here on Ruin Island. Gathering myself and getting to my paws, I wandered around the sand for a while, until I came across the entrance to The Ruins. As I entered, a pulse of magic dazed me and I was stopped for a moment, losing consiousness again for a few minutes. When I woke, I knew immediately something had changed. Instead of my previous russet-red fur, it was a dark grey. The fur on my back had become spines and my tail was now a long whip-like one tipped in a hooked blade, and my ears had become more sensitive, along with my sight becoming sharper."

"I don't know when it happened, but something changed. Something dangerous. It was like back in the ring, I only looked out for myself, and I didn't care who or what got in my way. I'm sure you know the rest from the rumors and stories that have been told about me."
    Obsidian said, and the assassin nodded. "Yes, I know them." They said, looking over at Obsidian who was now looking back at them with the dark, shadowy eyes that the assassin knew. "I assume you will be taking your leave now." Obsidian said, and the assassin nodded. "Er, yes. Right. Um, Obsidian?" They said, and the fox looked at them curiously. "Yes?" He prompted and the assassin nodded. "Thank you for the story." With that, the assassin took his leave, jumping from the Clock Tower and heading off.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:29 pm