Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the world of Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising! Will you succumb to the impending madness? Or perhaps live long enough to reach the realm of the sun?

+5
Loony
Radiant Spark
Darkspirit
Funnio987
Gunia
9 posters

Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising

Animewolfsoul
    Animewolfsoul
    Owner
    Owner

Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising - Page 14 Empty Re: Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising

Post by Animewolfsoul Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:17 pm

So he can fight back after all.
    "Really now, do try not to bring all the walls crumbling down would you? I quite liked this place the way it was" Jest said, tired of being ignored throughout this whole incident. Or really just tired of everyone being at each others throats. He sighed and shook his head. Well, at least Jest won't have to worry about the resident vampire feasting on his blood. From personal experience he could vouch that it was awful.
    Remembering what course of action they had agreed upon, Jest stood up and brushed the dirt off of himself. Clapping once to gain the attention of those not locked in mortal combat he announced, "The council has decided! Our next course of action will be to divide us up into decoy parties to lure out Zerinika, as well as a stealth party to tail them and hopefully catch the worm off guard as she makes a move."

'Maybe not the best time to announce something as important as our next course of action right in the middle of this scene, but better to do it before crucial members are decapitated. Or squashed.' Jest thought, playing with one of his orange bangs. His sword pulsed at his side, it's hunger for battle now awakened by it's masters blood. The cyborg smirked and patted the hilt. 'In due time. The final battle is fast approaching. I won't waste our time on some little skirmish. '
    Funnio987
    Funnio987

Post by Funnio987 Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:06 pm

The man sniggered, then slapped himself in the face. "Oh you, you're much too funny. I really can't deny that. Do you know anything about, well, anything?" Before the boy could even respond or even look at him, he shushed the boy. "It was rhetorical, don't talk."
    He walked towards the boy, then stood there for a second. He could see the boy waiting for him to do something, but he casually ignored it. The man stood there, his arm on his hip and his right arm hanging off into the air, holding his sword.
    Without warning, or even anything a hail of small energy blasts shot from his chest, stabbing the boy everywhere. It was stabbing, but not piercing. It had the velocity of a bullet, and the pain of a sword piercing through muscle, but nothing was really damaged.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:19 pm

Obsidian, having enough of this show shot forwards with the speed that he had told Jest about, not even bothering to use the shadows as he shot forwards, a grey blur as he leapt for Mend's arm, his necklace clattering against his fanged collar as he jumped, his jaws closing around Mend's arm. As Obsidian finished the jump, he swung his head to the side, letting go of Mend, sending him into the wall, leaving a large dent in the wall. "I have seen enough of this display. If we are going to bring down Zerinika, we need all our strength. A new arrival, even if they are hostile, is no excuse for an attack. Had Zerinika of attacked at that moment, we'd all be dead by now. Get a grip. This place may be seen as a sanctuary for refugees, but if we let our guard down,we become another body to add to Zerinika's list of kills." Obsidian growled, looking towards where he had thrown Mend, who looked to be unconscious.
    Animewolfsoul
    Animewolfsoul
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Animewolfsoul Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:59 pm

((..... Well I can't add anything since it doesn't look like anyone's paying any attention to us. He ain't gonna pay attention to those who do not return the favour  :P

Here, have this. It's kinda like Jest's view on this whole situation.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGt-8adyabk))
    Gunia
    Gunia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Gunia Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:51 pm

With some effort Dali sat up, his chest stinging from the barage of attacks. He glanced over at the unconscious Mend before looking at Obsidian who had thrown him. "Can I eat him now?" Dali asked hopefully, crossing his legs while he sat on the ground.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:04 pm

Obsidian cast Dali a hostile glare. "Believe me, you'll get plenty chance to feed once we find The Rouges." Obsidian said, grinning at the thought. "And plus, it helps both of us. You get to feed, and I get my revenge on The Rouges." Obsidian added, looking back to where Jest was standing. "Now then. As Jest said earlier before that little... mishap... We have decided to split into two groups. Me, Cyan and Starshooter will be in the stealth group while the rest of you are in the decoy party. The decoy party will act just as it's name serves, in trying to bring The Rouges out from hiding. Then the stealth group comes in for a surprise attack." Obsidian said, explaining their plan now that everyone's attention had been torn from the last scene.
    Gunia
    Gunia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Gunia Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:09 am

Dali was disappointed, if not annoyed at the fact that he couldn't eat him. "Alright, let's get on with it then." He said, standing up. "I'm thirsty."

"I'm... coming..." Vienna mumbled, sitting up sleepily in her bed. She glanced around, obviously blank as to what just happened. However, as Vienna was processing the scene, Jest's hair suddenly turned a bright neon pink, courtesy of an invisible pixie hovering above him...
    Animewolfsoul
    Animewolfsoul
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Animewolfsoul Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:40 pm

Jest half jumped in surprise as his hair was turned a bright pink. The spell left it feeling slightly frizzy and smelling of soap so as he ran a hand through it, Jest looked around for the culprit, a wide grin on his face. "Well that was unexpected. I suppose I should always expect something of the sort though, huh." His eye fixed on a spot where above his head which was strangely in line with the most frizz on his hair. That must be where the spell was cast from. Jest let out a bark of laughter which quickly became a fit when the situation dawned on him.
    "Never a dull moment with you Pixies. Yes. I like your kind quite a lot, a very entertaining bunch you are!" Jest managed between his seemingly uncontrollable laughter which eventually subsided into a quiet snicker. The cyborg grasped his aching stomach while gasping for air. Haven't laughed that much recently. Jest curiously flicked strands of hair into his vision.
    "Why pink? Personally, I prefer green or purple. I suppose for humours sake this works good as well." He asked when having gotten his breath back.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:49 pm

Obsidian grinned when Jest's hair turned bright neon pink. "That color really suits you Jest." Obsidian said, grinning. Looking back towards the others, Obsidian looked over each one. "If we are to catch Zerinika, we must move now. Everyone ready?" Obsidian said, as Cheetah stretched her wings. "I'm ready." She said, checking the arm-guards on her wrists that held hidden blades. Gravity nodded. "Ready" the Absol said, an accompanying growl from Cosmic following.

Starshooter waved his hand in front of him, a cerulean aura circling him, and he disappeared from view. "All set." He said, still invisible. Cyan traced a rune that looked sort of like an 'I' and the Wingless Dragon disappeared as well. Obsidian looked towards Jest, who still had pink hair.

"Well then, It seems we're all set. Jest, you and the others head out first, we'll follow" Obsidian said, shadows enveloping him and turning the vulpine invisible.
    Gunia
    Gunia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Gunia Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:05 am

Rakata reappeared above Jest, snickering quietly.  

Vienna smirked.  "It does suit you, Jest."  She said, crossing her arms.  "It suits you quite nicely."

"Well, let's go then!"  Rakata said eagerly, stretching a bit midair before doing a small, impatient back flip.

Dali simply stood and waited patiently for the group to move out, despite the growing lust for blood in the back of his head.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:33 pm

Obsidian looked towards where Mend was still slumped, knocked out. Rolling his eyes, he unveiled the shadows from himself and walked over to Mend, hitting him over the head with his paw. "Oi idiot, wake up." Obsidian said, sitting down in front of Mend, shadows pulsing from around his paws.
    Animewolfsoul
    Animewolfsoul
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Animewolfsoul Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:00 pm

Jest raised an eyebrow and gave a mock bow in Vienna's direction, "Why thank you miss in the-closet-murderer." He straightened up, reaching up to tug his sleeves down before stiffening when only meeting bare skin. Yes, that's right. I hung up my coat that night. Suppose i shall have to retrieve it at a later date.
    "Alright then! Let's move out. We'll go a more obvious route: the path to the rock steam intersects with the main road so we'll be visible from all angles. That's our best bet to catch their attention. Sound good?" Jest said, excitement rising. And without waiting for a reply he set off towards the entrance at a brisk pace, not waiting for the others to follow.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:08 am

Obsidian nodded at Jest's inquiry, the shadows at his paws flaring up around him till he was completely invisible once again. "All right. We'll tail from a slight distance." Obsidian said, watching as everyone followed Jest. Backing up, Obsidian jumped onto the roof, only a slight shift in the real shadows to mark his progress. Cyan followed soon after, before Starshooter floated up as well. Obsidian's whiskers twitched as he felt that presence of the other two, signalling that it was time to go.

Watching as everyone piled out, Obsidian remembered that other guy that Cyan had attacked. He'll stay here if he doesn't want to end up slaughtered by Zerinika. Obsidian thought, jumping onto one of the neighbouring buildings to watch above them. He could see Nim clearly from up here, his white fur always did stand out too much.
    Funnio987
    Funnio987

Post by Funnio987 Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:04 pm

Mend opened his eyes with a cough. He could hardly even breath.
    ...dammit. I lost control again. H-He didn't even bother to heal me for christ sake...
    He struggled to stand, blood seeping out of his wounds. He couldn't move his left arm. He felt that a few bones was utterly destroyed and worse yet, it seemed everyone had left. He pulled himself up against the wall, coughing violently. After a few coughs, he started splurting blood from his mouth onto the wall. He felt dizzy and sick.
    "What the hell...anyone here?" He said into the open room, it seemed he was truly alone.
    "C-Cr...ap.."
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:34 pm

Obsidian heard Mend stirring back inside the castle. "Seems like Cyan's friend has woken." Obsidian mused, grinning when he heard a hiss from Cyan. "Cyan, you stay here with the group. If they move before I get back, tail them. I can follow your scent. Starshooter, you come with me, he'll need healing from those wounds." Obsidian said, watching as Starshooter made himself perceptible, nodding silently. Obsidian unveiled from the shadows, only small shadows covering his paws, rendering his steps noiseless.

Jumping down onto the balcony, Obsidian looked towards Mend who certainly seemed in a bad shape. Starshooter hovered down after Obsidian, hovering cross-legged beside Obsidian. "Over your little rage-fest?" Obsidian said, sitting down about two meters away from Mend. "Took quite a beating eh? Cyan is a killer no doubt. Probably would have killed you had Obsidian not have intervened." Starshooter said, crossing his arms as he looked at Mend. "Those wounds are quite severe. Runescathe is a dangerous sword, that is apparent. But enough of my ramblings, you need healing." Starshooter said, waving his hand slightly, a magenta aura appeared around Mend's wounds, the skin around them melted together, healing the wounds with only a slightly pale scar.

"I suggest you not use that arm for a little while, five minutes at most to make sure the magic has healed it properly. The other wounds were light enough to heal instantly." Starshooter said, crossing his arms once again. Obsidian stood, now that Mend was healed, he could chat. Obsidian glared at Mend with a suspicious eye. "Okay, first things first. Explain the crap with Cyan and you. Cyan is not one to attack one he deems safe. Something about you set him off. Second, your name. Third, Unless you want to be slaughtered, stay here. I doubt that in your state you can go up against Zerinika. I refuse to have any casualties during this and you going out there would cause a useless body in the fray."
    Animewolfsoul
    Animewolfsoul
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Animewolfsoul Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:49 am

Jest raised an eyebrow when Starshooter and Obsidian turned back, but didn't question them. They could return on their own and were plenty capable of finding us. Considering we were trying to lure of the Rouges by being an obvious target they have an easy job.
    Jest slowed his pace to a steady walk and trailed the tip of his tail along the ground, with just enough pressure to leave a trail in the gathered dust but not enough to make a sound. Jest rolled his shoulders back as they emerged into the murky light and glanced over at Cheetah who walked nearby.
    "Any plans for after this mission is over? I expect you have some goal in mind for the end game of all this." Jest asked in a calm voice and stretched. The pink haired cyborg walked backwards for a few steps to look at the rest of the decoy group. He nodded; the rouges knew them well enough to be provoked into attacking.
    "Change of plans. We'll be going to the market place, perhaps drop in at the blacksmiths on the way. More attention to be gained over in that area." Jest announced to the group. He turned back and assumed a relaxed stance. Jest switched on individual tracking for the Rouges, using the data samples he had collected to identify them.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:31 am

Cheetah shot Jest a somewhat hostile glare before sighing in mock defeat. "To be honest, I really don't know what I'm going to do. What about you?" She said, stretching her wings. "Oh? We're heading to a blacksmith? Good, I need to repair my dagger. It's got a few chips in the blade." Cheetah said, her wolf ears twitching to the sound of something above them. Probably just Cyan.
    ~~~~~~
    Zerinika hovered above the Citadel, Rosto and Ebony were by her side. Using Shadow Freight, Zerinika kept all three of them invisible. Jest was easily seen. It seemed someone had colored his hair bright pink. Shame for him that made him easy to spot. "Don't you worry Master... I'm coming for you and your little 'decoy' party."
    Gunia
    Gunia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Gunia Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:03 am

Rakata, Vienna, and Dali all stood in the group, evenly spread out. Rakata was hovering near Jest, as he had been one of the only ones to not get mad at her or shoot or an unkind look. Vienna hovered in the back of the group like she usually did, pondering.

Dali, however, was actually far enough from the bulk of the group to look almost on his own. He seemed drained of energy, the hollow look in his red eye showing he had not fed for a while. A long while.
    Funnio987
    Funnio987

Post by Funnio987 Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:14 am

Mend stared at the Dog thing. "I'm an Abscondita Tenebraum. The last one, I think. Something happened a while ago, I don't wanna talk 'bout it." He sighed. "My brother disappeared just before the incident. I think he may be alive. I came to the ruins for this reason. I got a note telling me that he was here. I'm Mend Falcitas. If you ever find anyone else like me...then that's my bro, I guess." He stood up, leaving the healer. "Let's go, I don't want to be a burden."

((OOC: I've decided with Glass to kill mend off. I won't be anywhere for two weeks, so I can't.))
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:19 pm

Obsidian sighed and rolled his eyes, becoming invisible and jumping onto the roof. Starshooter followed, becoming invisible with a wave of his hand. Following Obsidian's aura, the mage followed the vulpin as he followed Cyan, who was probably ahead of them, since they could see the group. They seemed to be heading towards the blacksmith. Obsidian checked behind them, muttering something inaudible as he saw Mend following them.

A loud cackling laugh brought Obsidian's attention and he immediately stopped, eyes widening in fear. His fears were answered when a large shadow swept downwards, the shadows being stripped off to reveal the wyvern herself, Zerinika. Obsidian's eyes immediately darted to where Mend was, before he realized what was happening. Beginning to turn back, Obsidian knew it was too late. Even still, he had to try.

Racing forward, he shot a shadow pulse at Zerinika, making her miss her initial attack and have to land beside Mend, this however gave away his position. Jumping from the rooftops, Obsidian collided with the wyvern, jaws closing around the fur on her back. Zerinika reared up, throwing Obsidian off and whirling around to face Mend.

Mend was frozen in fear, and Zerinika grinned at his fear. "And now you'll see why they all fear me." Zerinika said, lunging at Mend and throwing him against the castle wall with a sickening crack. Not giving him time to recover, Zerinika charged at Mend, pinning him against the wall.

She ignored the change as Mend became possessed by his inner demon, and instead grabbed him and flung him towards another building, effectively crushing his leg in the process. Advancing towards the pathetic being, Zerinika grinned, exposing her paralysis fangs. When Mend got up, leaning against the wall and drew his sword, Zerinika laughed. "And you think a petty sword like that can defeat me?!" Zerinika laughed, flicking the sword from Mend's hand with her tail, breaking it by catching it in the air in her mouth and snapping her jaws shut hard.

Advancing on Mend, Zerinika swung her tail blade around, before lunging forward and grabbing Mend around his waist, bringing her jaws together with a sickening snap. Blood splattered all over her face, coloring her scarlet from the thick liquid. the two halves of Mend fell from either side of her jaws, a sadistic grin on her face. "You're next" She said, diving into the ground using Shadow Freight.

Obsidian finally got up from where he was thrown. Zerinika had thrown him past the group and into one of the nearby walls, effectively knocking him out for the period of the fight. Getting to his paws, Obsidian shook his head to clear his thoughts. "God fucking damn it. How the hell are we supposed to kill her when she strikes so fucking fast we can't even see her?" Obsidian growled, wincing as a sharp jolt of pain shot from his shoulder. Things just got better and better.

Last edited by Glass on Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Gunia
    Gunia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Gunia Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:18 pm

Dali watched the whole scene play out in front of him with a wide eye.  Not because he was shocked, or even because he was scared.  He had just watched a perfectly good meal go to waste, the precious red liquid known as blood covering the ground and the murderous wyvern.  The blood that a few minutes ago could've been his.  Now it was everywhere, covering the ground, the killer, the stones and even reflecting itself in the sky.

Or perhaps that was just him.  "But..." he started, his hungry mind slowly unraveling at his seems.  "But... Why does SHE get to kill him?"  He was watching, staring at the blood now.  The precious blood, flowing, escaping away.  "I wanted to kill him."  he did not seem to be talking to anyone in particular, and more likely seemed to be talking to himself.  "Why couldn't I kill him?!"

"Stop whining."  Vienna said, shooting him a glare.  "It's not like it's going to fix it."
    "But-"
    "Shut up, Vampire."

Rakata, at that point, had taken up a hiding spot hovering behind Jest's shoulder, considering the fact she had just watched someone she didn't really know get snapped in half by a dragon..  It wasn't exactly the best spot, hiding behind a cyborgs shoulder, but at least she felt better behind someone that she knew wouldn't swat her.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:21 pm

Obsidian glanced at the whining vampire. "Hey, now you can drink the blood." Obsidian muttered, wincing as another bolt of pain came from his shoulder. Looking back to check the damage, Obsidian saw that his shoulder was popped out at an awkward angle. "Damn it. Freaking wyvern dislocated my shoulder." Obsidian said, sighing in annoyance. "Jest, Starshooter, anyone with opposable thumbs. I'll need help putting it back into place." Obsidian said, obviously not impressed at having to ask for help.

Stupid freaking wyvern. Obsidian thought, cursing himself for his carelessness.
    Gunia
    Gunia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Gunia Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:41 pm

Dali, seemingly heeding Vienna's order, shut up.  Although he was still staring at the dripping blood, at least he wasn't complaining.  He either did not notice or did not care about Obsidian's comment, simce he made no attempt to respond.  After a moment of no one speakimg up or going to help Obsidian, Vienna responded.   "Fine, I'll help you."  She muttered, moving over toward Obsidian to help him move his shoulder back into place.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:16 pm

Obsidian glanced at Vienna for a moment, as though he was kinda surprised that she'd actually offered. Mentally shrugging it off, Obsidian sat down so that Vienna could relocate his dislocated shoulder. "The limb should move around easily. You have to use some force to pop it back into place." Obsidian muttered, just loud enough for Vienna to hear. He knew that the part that hurt the most was putting the dislocated limb back into place, since while he was in the Rouges he'd had his hind leg dislocated once when he and Rosto were having a sparring match.

Thankfully I was able to pop that one in myself. This one I can't reach properly. Obsidian thought, bracing himself for the stab of pain he knew was going to come with the relocation of the bone.
    Animewolfsoul
    Animewolfsoul
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Animewolfsoul Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:29 am

Jest faltered in stride and turned back to feast his eyes on the murder that had happened mere moments ago. A calm assurance washed over him as he watched the still twitching corpse of the newcomer. Fool.
    "How many times must I remind you that you're too late to be the hero, Mimic?" Jest smirked at his injured companion, gesturing to his displaced limb without sympathy. A faint breeze from Rakatas wings tickled his neck and Jest looked down in amusement to see the pixie hiding behind his shoulder.
    Jest made a small motion with his hand and set up a barrier around them, it was only a one time use but would protect them from a sneak attack. That had been the boys downfall after all. Jest chuckled to himself and gradually let it grow until he was full out laughing. His eye blazed and mentally tipped a non existent hat to the worm. "Let us have some fun now."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content