Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the world of Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising! Will you succumb to the impending madness? Or perhaps live long enough to reach the realm of the sun?

+5
Loony
Radiant Spark
Darkspirit
Funnio987
Gunia
9 posters

Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising

Gunia
    Gunia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising - Page 25 Empty Re: Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising

Post by Gunia Fri May 09, 2014 12:46 am

"Am I to believe you are going to hunt down this new leader as well?" He questioned. My, my, things certainly were interesting for them, weren't they? Much more interesting than his stupid bored wandering. Speaking of wandering, his lusus was going to catch up with him any moment, wasn't he?

Jarien turned, glancing briefly around as if expecting something to pop out at any moment, which he was. He could only evade his custodian for so long, after all.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Fri May 09, 2014 11:30 am

Obsidian watched with interest as Jarian looked around hastily. The vulpine scoffed at the beings paranoia, probably something stupid like a mouse. At the thought of a rodent, Obsidian remembered Rakata's murder. Maybe I should of tortured her first... He thought, before shaking his head. Nah, it would of been too obvious. The Rouges kill, then get out. I like to slowly kill my victims. Obsidian remembered that the stranger had asked him a question. "No. Unless of course they give me a reason to."

Cheetah growled at Obsidian's query. "What and Rakata getting slaughtered isn't a reason?" She growled, her tail flicking back and forth irritably. Obsidian glared back. "I told you. I was attacked by Serpent, but by the time I had knocked her out, they were gone!" Obsidian argued back, a snarl building in his voice. Cheetah wasn't fazed though, she'd faced off wild wolves and survived. "Oh really, and why didn't you kill her? It means one less Rouge for us!"

Obsidian snarled at Cheetah's objection, his tail sweeping along the ground, the blade sending sparks along as it moved, before coming around to rest at Cheetah's neck. Still she glared down at Obsidian, growling at the vulpine. "I didn't kill her because it is impossible to kill that fucking snake. She is basically a hydra. Cut off one head, it grows back, cut her in half, she just mends herself back together. She can't fucking die" Obsidian snarled, lowering his blade, glaring at the stranger before pacing back to the clock tower, climbing the vertical wall by digging his claws into the rock and pushing himself up, bounding up the rock face.
    Gunia
    Gunia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Gunia Sun May 11, 2014 5:32 pm

Jarien watched the bickering between the two silently, only really able to get half of what they were talking about.  He had no idea who Rakata was, and only vaguely knew who Serpent was supposed to be.  Really, the whole conversation was of little interest to him, he just thought it was funny watching someone angel-like arguing with a barkbeast.

By the time the barkbeast left a white serpent had snuck up behind Jarien, promptly giving him a hard thwack over the head.  "Ow-!"  Jarien loudly protested, hands going to his head as he turned to face the floating sea serpent that was more or less glaring at him.  A series of hisses and chitters left the serpents throat, and Jarien scowled back at it.  

"Well I'm sorry I wanted to spent some time on my own for a bit!"
    "CHITTER CHITTER SCREE!"
    "I don't care!"
    "KACHEEE!"
    "So?  It's not like I did!"
    "CHSSSS CHEEEE!"
    "I'm six!  I don't need you tailing me everywhere!"

That statement earned him another smack on the head by the serpents tail, along with more loud screeching and chittering.

"Augh, fine!  Just, behave yourself, okay?"
    "Screeeeee."
    "Don't you dare."
    "Kekekekeke."
    "I'm watching you!"
    "......Ke."

Jairen sighed before seeming to remember that Cheetah was standing there, turning toward her with an embarrassed purple flush as he nervously rubbed the back of his head.  "Ehehe... Sorry..."

"Keee!"
    "Shut up."

((For convenient reference))
    Templar_theJ
    Templar_theJ
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post by Templar_theJ Tue May 13, 2014 8:25 am

Kathiet heard a sound of something running. As quick as he could, he lay down very still, hoping that whatever it was, it wasn't there to hurt him. Having just transformed to human, he was very weak. Kathiet looked up. It wasn't there anymore. By the look of it -whatever it was- it had ran past (very quickly). Kathiet stood up, took a deep breath, pulled out his sword, and followed.
    Animewolfsoul
    Animewolfsoul
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Animewolfsoul Thu May 29, 2014 11:23 am

(( yay for unedited posts! I wrote this a while back, so its not entirely up to date with things. meh. it should do. I was going to post this a few nights ago, but i fell asleep waiting for the laptop. so yeah. OFF TO THE LAB ))

Jest's eye narrowed as Obsidian led Rakata away, suspicion in his gaze. The canine has not shown interest in the pixie before, why he would take her, with who he was on bad terms, on a scouting trip was a most unusual move. Clenching and unclenching his sword hand Jest resisted the temptation to unshealth his weapon and follow them, instead focusing on the now fully charged orb which was ready for transport.

the air around the cyborg crackled with electricity as Jest moved and activated the orb, resting the palm of his hand on its surface and muttered the code under his breath. The words flowed like a well practiced speech, though quick and near silent the orb had no trouble differentiating between them and the rabble of sounds chorusing throughout the citadel.
    Jest relished the feeling of tapping into the orbs power, which was steady and continuous like a great river. His own powers intensified and lessened in sync with the orb, rapidly spreading the influx of energy to enclose all those ontop the clocktower and with a snap signifying the barriers held in place for an age breaking they were drawn towards the orb and thrust out the other side.

It was all over in less than a minute, yet seemed to be an endless journey through the particles of everything and anything in their path. Jest grimaced and was forced to kneel, hardly paying attention to the black rock corrider, faintly lit by the glowing moss on the roof and walls. Jest never did like traveling that way, he was less bound in flesh than others and so more susceptible to material or mental losses.
    As Jest gathered his breath he noticed his reflection on the cavern floor, a grim sight. Jest lifted up his fingers to trace the thin yet deep wound leading from his mouth to ear. His flesh was torn to reveal rows of sharpened teeth, forming a horridly gruesome permanent smile. Wires sparked from the torn socket, frizzing his bangs. Blood still ran in small rivets down the open flesh of his cheek and down his neck, which was now speckled with dried blood. Jest attempted an actual smile and found the sight staring back oddly endearing.
    Standing up the cyborg chuckled, " I suppose I will have to compensate for my sudden lack of good looks." He said lightly, though a flicker of anger showed in his gaze momentarily. He moved along the corridor in a slight skip, unaware of his friends recent passing. Jest tried reaching his tongue out through the cut and licked the blood on his cheek, the feeling slightly surreal as he passed what used to be a barrier of flesh. However he nicked his tongue on a few teeth and quickly withdrew, putting the trick to the back of his mind for later, when he had the time to practice on a reflective surface.

They rounded a bend and came to a fork in the path, glowing moss illuminating the two corridors, one of which lead off to a wider cavern, hardly visible from this angle.
    The other path was blocked by a pile of rubble almost heaped up to the ceiling,  the path to the Lab. Jest flexed his shoulders and sauntered up to the rubble heap, placing his palm against a cracked grey rock and moved his fingers in the activation sequence. It was a wonder this illusionary wall had not been broken yet. The rocks in the corridors had now aged to a deep black, and no longer blended with the grey stone of the barrier.
    Without a sound the barrier was deactivated, exposing a large metal walkway leading up into the darkness. The walls grew outward, leaving the walkway seemingly suspended in midair.

Jest had often joked that the path was just long enough to do a complete body scan, and even installed a mechanism that did just that.
    Though it was altered to only measure their physical condition after receiving an earful from the boss.
    It was surprising how many people had knotted muscles in arms and shoulders.

Jest turned back to the rest of the gang and gave a bow. “Welcome to my domain. Try not to fall off the edge, I’m sure my pets underneath have grown since my last visit.”
    He laughed, the smile still on his face.

(( Heres Jest's reply to Obsidians comment a while back. I couldn't resist))

"And Jest, shut up. I don't need your smartass remarks."

"Of course you do, you would be far too lonely without them"
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Sat May 31, 2014 5:39 am

((OOC: Hurray! Rejoice! Wolf posted! Now I can introduce Alpha >:3))
    Bright purple eyes drank in the dull scenery around him, the bleached wall with smoke stains, the desk with old and faded papers, the cages behind the walls. Alpha knew this place well. He'd been trapped here for god knows how long. Silently chuckling to himself, the cydog cursed his Master's fondness of rounded doorknobs. If Master had just put a simple handle, the dog would be out and looking for his Master by now. Instead he's trapped in this room, with only five other cydogs as company - and let's face it, talking to a bunch of dogs with the intelligence of a two to three year old begins to wear ones patience thin.

Yawning, Alpha moved his lower jaw around a bit, the metal making harsh scraping sounds as it moved, the muscles that were still there complaining at having to move the cold metal prosthetic jaw. Alpha's metal ear swivelled back and forth, drinking in the sounds around them. Someone had just entered the lab through the secret entrance Master had put in. And it sounded like a fairly large group too. Taking in a deep breath, Alpha looked around above him for the familiar sound of footsteps going towards one of Masters traps, the whirring of the fan on his side the only sound in the eerily silent room.

Walking a few steps towards the cages, the metal arm on his left side dug shallow grooves in the tile floor as he walked, the green light on his shoulder pulsing slowly. As he was walking, a familiar scent came to him, one that send the cydog's heart racing. Master. His Master had returned! "Master? Have you finally returned?" He called out, hope flaring in the dog's mind. Master hadn't abandoned them after all.

Obsidian gave a huff as they finally arrived at Jest's lab, his fur slightly rustled by the teleportation. "Well that was an experience I'd not like to repeat." He muttered, his ears perking at the sound of a voice nearby, one that seemed to be addressing Jest. "It seems your arrival has sparked some... pets to give you a welcoming committee." Obsidian said, sarcasm dripping from his tone.

Cheetah however was completely taken aback by her surroundings, her green eyes looking to and fro, wings slightly extended to give her balance. "Very um... Interesting." She said, looking down at the panels that no doubt led to cages and traps.
    Animewolfsoul
    Animewolfsoul
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Animewolfsoul Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:55 am

Jest walked up the bridge, glancing down into the abyss where subtle growls signaled that his pets were indeed alive. They reached the end of the bridge where it melded with the stone, creating a large platform. Jest reached a wall on the far edge of the platform and placed his hand against the steel. There were numerous cracks and openings along the wall, some glowing with different infusions, others filled with pipes that branched out into the stone wall.
    The complex stuttered and scanned his hand, the light glowed green in recognition and a wire emerged from the wall, scanning over the group before retreating back inside. A panel opened on the wall and Jest leaned closer for it to scan his eye. It showed up negative.
    Jest scowled at the machine and rubbed his eye to try and diffuse the chemical buildup. this time it worked, it was always guess work when it came to this part, because his eye retina was not always identifiable.
    At last the sequence was completed and an opening emerged in a gust of steam. Jest guestured for the others to follow and went inside. The opening emerged into a large, dark room. Hanging on the wall were a few bracelets of the same design as his collar, he slipped one on and it absorbed the energy output Jest had, switching the room on. normal humans have enough energy to power a lightbulb, so it would make sense that someone who conducted and produced electricity would power a complex.
    Jests ears picked up as he heard his creatures voice and made his way towards it.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:05 am

((OOC: Whoo for bribery!))
    A high pitched whine ensued around the Citadel, making many of the residents clutch their ears in pain. A few seconds later, a small pulse of psychic energy pulsed around the cavern, with a large blue dragon suddenly appearing floating a little way above the dead body of the wyvern. Floating downwards, the red wires crackled with electricity, the blue arcs running all the way down it's robotic arm. Green, purple and blue lights pulsated slowly and a magenta aura shimmered around all four of it's feet, the two robotic claws making a metallic click as they hit the ground, with the other two not making any sound.

Swinging it's head to the side, a pulse of psychic energy came from it's jaws, lighting up the area in the pink glow. The metal over it's eyes seemed to render the dragon sightless, but it was clear it could see very well. Leaning down, it's nose touched the wyvern's shoulder, and blue coloration started spreading all along the wyvern's body, with the green becoming more and more brighter until it was a vibrant lime green.

Bright blue eyes opened to see the tall blue dragon before her. Scrambling backwards, Zerinika let out a small whine, her tail curling around her fearfully. "W-who are you?" She asked the blue dragon, looking to where it's eyes should be. The creature looked down at her , a smile forming on it's muzzle. <Every creature deserves a second chance.> It said, before turning away, floating upwards. It looked back at her, giving her mental co-ordinates to where to find her Master. <Even killers.> With that, it was gone.

The Overseer teleported over to the dead body of the Abscondita Tenebraum, looking at the two halves and frowning. This would take some work. Using his claws, he brought the two pieces together, fusing the nerves, muscles, bone, spine and skin back together. A pulse of magenta psychic energy washed over the corpse, and it took in a gasping breath, eyes snapping open as the last of the black coloring faded away, leaving white sclera and purple irises. Levitating the newly revived Abscondita Tenebraum's sword over to him, The Overseer forged the snapped blade together, placing it before the boy, who was just getting up. <Your brother is worried about you.> The Overseer's voice entered the boy's mind, with a tough of kindness, and with it sent co-ordinates to where they were. <Go pay him a visit. After all, blood should never be separate.> With his final words, another high pitched whine ensued, though at a slightly lower pitch as the last one so as not to harm anyone's ears this time. The Overseer glowed magenta - and then was gone, teleported back to his realm.

Cheetah walked along after Jest, her green eyes flicking back and forth nervously. She opened her mouth to ask Jest something, when a high pitched whine built up higher and higher, before it became to high in pitch for her ears. Dropping to her knees, Cheetah snapped her eyes shut as she hovered her ears to try and block out the sound, her teeth grating against the noise. Opening one eye to look around showed her the others weren't faring well either.

Obsidian stumbled as the whine hit his ears, bracing himself against the closest wall, he snapped his ears flat against his head, his maw twisted into a silent snarl. His eyes were shut as shadows pulsed slightly around his paws, the coils of dark mist writhing aggressively to show the vulpine's displeasure to the whine's pitch. "The fuck, is that noise?" He snarled, knowing that no one in their group would be having a fun time with the whine.

((OOC: Yea, almost everyone will be having this reaction to the whine, as its pitch is extremely destructive to human - and other creatures - ears.

Obsidian and Cheetah don't like The Overseer's teleportation method. x3))
    Funnio987
    Funnio987

Post by Funnio987 Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:57 am

"Wake up kid. Come on."
    Mend opened his eyes.
    What happened?
    As he looked around he felt something fall into the palm of his right hand. His sword. His memories returned. He remembered the beast that had attacked him. The beast that had destroyed his sword and ripped him apart. He shook his head. For whatever reason he was all in one piece. His sword was fixed and he felt more better than he had in years. He took hold of his sword and brushed his shirt.
    Falx. His eyes widened as he thought of his brother. He knew where he was. He didn't know for sure, but it was if he could feel where he was.
    He jumped from his resting spot and made his away across the ruins through the rooftops.

He stopped in his tracks.
    No.
    He knew what he was looking at. It may have been a different color then, but he knew what this beast was.
    It was the monster that had killed him.
    He readied his sword and slowly made his way towards it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A sharp pain entered Falx's head. Then in a matter of seconds it dispersed, leaving a small ringing behind his ears.
    He shook his head and looked around to the others to see if they had experienced the same thing. By the looks of their faces they did. He looked towards the orange haired man, as he seemd to be the one with the smarts. Maybe it was something he knew about?

Last edited by Funnio987 on Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : brainfaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart)
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:43 pm

Zerinika slowly got up from where she was curled up. What was that? She thought, looking around nervously. Her eyes caught sight of the gruesome area around her. Blood was everywhere, making a frightful mess around her. A quick smell told her it was her blood. "But how...? I was never here? I don't even remember leaving The Lab, only that Master had... Master! Where is he? The strange blue thing had told me where they are." Zerinika said, trying to process her scrambled thoughts. A noise sounded nearby and her ears picked up, her head swinging towards the sound, here blue eyes puzzled.

A young man stood near her, a sword held in hand. A quick scent came to her, telling her this being was not normal. It was vexed with her. "W-Who are you?" She stuttered, backing away, her tail curling around her with a scrape of metal. The sound caught her off guard and she jumped, looking down at her tail. A shiny metal blade was grafted onto the tip of her tail, yet she didn't ever remember it there. She looked back up at the man. "P-please sir, I don't k-know why you're angry with me, but please l-listen. I don't know where I am. M-my name is Zerinika and I just want to get back t-to my M-Master." She stuttered, bumping up against a ruined stall.

She gasped and looked behind her at the foreign touch of the wood, and shied away from the dead body of a strange vulpine like creature that lay beside her. It's forelimbs had feathers poking from them - a retractable set of wings. Blood was pooled around it, and there was a slash across it's throat, in about the same place as Zerinika's own scar. Her blue eyes looked back up at the man who was still advancing. "S-sir please. If y-you help m find my Master, maybe h-he can help with w-whatever it is y-you're vexed a-about." She said, lowering herself down to the ground in a submissive posture to avoid the man's angry purple glare.
    Funnio987
    Funnio987

Post by Funnio987 Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:54 pm

He stared at the beast. It was cowering in fear as he slowly approached it with his blade. He walked up to the beast's face and stared right into it's eyes.
    "Zerinika? Shut the fuck up."
    He was trying hard to resist his inner self, but he seemed to be able to hold it at bay for a longer time. He stabbed his blade into the the wooden stall near her to scare her. "Don't put this whole pussy act on. I know what you did."
    He gave the darkest death stare he could possibly do into her eyes. He wasn't going to run this time.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:24 pm

((OOC: x3 Poor Zerinika. I feel no empathy))

Zerinika yelped as the black blade sliced into the stall beside her. Shying away from the sharp katana, Zerinika scrambled to her feet and turned, jumping over the corpse of the strange caning and landing a few meters away, her wings going down to the ground to support her as she landed. Her blue eyes looked back at the strange man, before backing away again. "Sir, I am really s-sorry if I did anything t-to vex you, but I-I don't understand, I've n-never seen you before in m-my life!" She stuttered, a small whine escaping her jaws as she backed away. Heat began to rise in the back of her throat as she built up a small fireball. Her mouth began to glow softly with the flickering flames, before she took in a deep breath and held it, her blue eyes begging the man to to come any closer. She didn't want to hurt him, only warn him away.
    Funnio987
    Funnio987

Post by Funnio987 Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:33 pm

As the beast jumped away, Mend drew his sword out of the wood. He saw it prepare it's body for some thing. He slowly walked towards it, taking caution for anything. He readied his grip on his sword, making sure to try and dodge or block whatever it does.
    "Stop st-t-t-t-t-turreing. It's pissing me off."
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:51 pm

Zerinika's eyes flicked back and forth, looking for an escape, before partly opening her wings with a rustle of the membrane. Arching her neck, she opened her mouth, showing the blue flames as they built up as a small ball of blue flames that flickered as they built up, before she huffed, sending the fireball flying towards the man, and jumping into the air, her wings extending outwards and flapping downwards, lifting the wyvern up and into the sky, before she whirled around, flying off towards where she knew her Master would be.

Cyan lent against a nearby pillar, one hand holding Runescathe over his shoulder , and the other holding his head as the ringing sound pierced his sensitive hearing. Golden eyes searched for his invisible attacker, then he removed his hand from his head, his muzzle forming a silent snarl as he traced one of the runes that danced along his sword's blade. The rune shone green, then faded to red, and Cyan growled. "Cazzo, non posso dire dove questo fottuto suono proviene." He muttered, knowing that only Zen could understand his words.

Zen scowled at Cyan's words, her left hand on the side of her head as she let out a hiss. "If you cannot tell what it is, then who can?" She growled, looking towards Starshooter, who has cast a bubble around himself to protect himself against the noise, but even still, the archmage had his fingers drawing circles around his temples in irritation. "My scanning tells me that the source is a very powerful being - even more-so than The Time Spirit is." He managed to get out, his tone forced as he gritted his teeth against the piercing noise.
    Funnio987
    Funnio987

Post by Funnio987 Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:58 pm

Mend gritted his teeth as the wyvern flew away and got out of his sight.
    Great. It got away.
    Mend screamed in anger and stabbed his blade into the ground. Killing the beast was a task for another day. But for now, Falx was his priority. He needed to get to his brother. He jumped across the rooftops, making his way towards his brother.
    As he jumped towards the entrance of some kind of building, he spotted the wyvern once more. He readied a Cero and shot it in the form of a beam towards it.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:03 pm

Just as Zerinika was about to land, A bright light caught her eye and she flared her wings as the beam sliced the air below her, shattering the rocks it hit. Snapping her head towards the origin of the beam, she saw the man from before, and her dove down, landing in the corridor the led to the Lab. She knew it was a long corridor, but if she got to Master, he could protect her from this strange madman. Steeling herself for the run, she turn and started running, down the corridor.

((OOC: Whoo, there's that writers spark gone. x3))
    Loony
    Loony
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Loony Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:09 am

Above the hectic chaos between the two, a purple ring of runes appeared and started the rotate frantically, tearing open into a white hole in the fabric of space. Within a few seconds a raw scream ripped through the air as a blue blur plummeted out from it. The screaming shape dropped like a rock downwards, and crashed to the ground in front of the wyvern with a loud thud, and was then silenced. A few seconds later a black staff with a glowing orb attached landed heavily on top of the veiled figure, illiciting a painful grunt. Groaning deeply, the male laboriously was able to push his hooded head upwards too look around him. A pair of glowing blue orbs shined out from the shadows of his hood. "Well that charm was a stinking bust. Going to have to fix it if I'll try again-Oh why hello there." The eyes immediately fixated on the dragon before him, going wide with surprise and interest. His pain forgotten, the man tried to push himself to his feet but was stopped by the weight of the heavy staff on his back. Letting out another grunt and heaving it off of himself, the robed man pushed himself to his knees and looked up at the dragoness, an odd gleam in his eyes. "How nice to meet you, miss-?"
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:21 am

Zerinika skidded to a halt as a scream sounded out throughout the area, her ears snapping back in a futile effort to block it out. A strange blue robed person fell from a hole that just appeared out of nowhere. She backed up a bit, her tail wrapping around her with another unnatural scrape of the blade. She glanced behind her, but didn't see the man who was chasing her. Her ears perked up when she heard the person ask her name, and jumping slightly, she turned to them. "O-oh. Hi. t-there. I'm Z-zerinika." She stuttered out, her blue eyes flicking to look behind the man. the entrance was right there. I need to get to Master... But, maybe this person could help me? he seems nicer than that other man. I still don't know why he was vexed with me. She thought, before looking back up to the hooded figure.
    Loony
    Loony
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Loony Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:44 am

"Zerinika-Zer-Riiin-ika~ Zerinika." He rolled the name around on his tongue for a bit before continuing. "A lovely name for a lovely creature. But what might you be? Well, perhaps I should make my introductions in a proper stance hehe..." The man shook his head and grabbed his heavy staff, using it to push himself to his feet. The glass orb atop of it intensified it's glow when his hand wrapped around it, and the light radiated from it lit up the lower portion of his face, showing a very wide smile growing on his face. His eyes going up and down the lengths of her form, his face (not literally) like that of a child's. A frown twitched onto his face when he felt another jolt of pain, but he caught himself with his staff and continued standing tall beaming all the while. He flipped down his hood with his other hand, revealing a light blue top of hair and a gaunt face, his eyes grey now they weren't glowing. He smiled kindly at his company.  "Ah Hello, My name is Thomas Neverwinter. It's a pleasure meeting a wondrous creature such as yourself. Since I'm rather new here, do you mind if I travel with you for a bit? I'll do my best not to hold you up." Yep, definitely broke a rib, no matter. That'll heal, now I must study this creature-!
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:11 am

Yeah, he was strange all right. Zerinika drew to her full height as the guy introduced himself at Thomas Neverwinter. A nice name... She thought, looking down at the mage, before sinking back to a more comfortable position where her wings balanced her as she stood, now shorter than the mage. "I don't mind if you travel with me, according to someone I met a little bit ago, I'm not liked much around here. I don't know why though. They see me as a demon or something." She said, her eyes flicking down to the ground in sadness. "I'm not though, I'm only a wyvern. Heck, I'm not even a big wyvern, I'm mostly small for my species." She mumbled, before an idea popped into her head.

"Hey! If you come with me, maybe you can help me find my Master?"
    Funnio987
    Funnio987

Post by Funnio987 Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:21 am

Mend watched the beast talking with a hooded man. They seemed to be friends from what he could hear from their tones.
    Any friend of that monster is an enemy of mine.
    He readied a cero from the tip of his sword and pointed it towards them. He shot it towards the middle of them to create enough of a distraction for him to make his way in.
    Loony
    Loony
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Loony Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:43 am

"I'd be glad to-" The sudden explosion in front of him caught the Mage off guard and was flipped onto his back with a grunt of pain. "Well isn't this day just full of surprises..." He muttered darkly to himself while looking up at the rushing humanoid. Grabbing the staff next to him, he waved it about in an arc summoning an onslaught of cold, bringing about a growth of huge ice crystals in the damp air of the underground. The icicles were swift in their formation, and were able to trap the unprepared young man, the ice going up to his shoulders and stopping most movement. Thomas was able to flip over onto his stomach and push himself up, taking even more effort than last time due to the added force of the explosion. Clutching his side with his free  arm, a bit of blood was starting to dribble out of his mouth but he didn't seem to notice, as it was stretched into a toothy grin showing off his particularly sharp canines. His hood had flipped down over his features when he fell, and he was quite the sight. Spitting out the blood to the side of himself, he banished his maniacal grin and put on an exasperated and disappointed expression, though his eyes still had that boring gaze to them. He walked over infront of Mend and shook his head, addressing him in a patient and displeased tone. "Is it tradition to attack all newcomers here? I was just introducing myself to this young lady, and while you may have quarrel with her though I don't imagine why, please do not transfer it over to me. I'm a Mage you see, I was working on an enchantment when it backfired on me...Now, I simply wish to learn about my predicament, and the interesting locals here." His face contorted for a moment when another shot of pain racked his body, grunting as he stumbled slightly. "I was also wondering where I might receive medical attention Mr...?" His face lighted up when he realized that he was addressing yet another entity with unknown traits and he stood up taller, awaiting his reply.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:01 am

Zerinika let out a loud, startled yelp as the light appeared again, exploding between them and throwing the wyvern back against the wall with a loud crack. Letting out another yelp of pain as she hit the wall, Zerinika struggled to her feet, flames building up in the back of her throat. Shooting a glare over towards the man who was now covered in ice, Zerinika rose up to her full height so that she was now towering over the two of them, her wings spreading slightly in an attempt of intimidation, hissing at the man who was vexed with her. "Okay, I don't know w-what your deal i-is with me, but can I j-just say that whatever you t-think I did, I didn't do it!I h-have no idea why you're v-vexed with me! If you would j-just take a moment and tell me why y-you've been attacking me, maybe w-we can sort something out." The wyvern hissed, before folding her wings and falling back to her usual stance of her wings on the ground and taking a position behind Thomas, in case of any other mishaps.
    Funnio987
    Funnio987

Post by Funnio987 Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:17 am

Mend was frozen in his tracks. Literally. He couldn't move his body, all he could do was look around and shout obscenities at them. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? LET ME GO! He was infuriated at what was happening. All he wanted to do right now was kill both of them with as much fury as he could muster. He ignored everything the man said and continued screaming at him. When he had finished screaming, the blue wyvern beside him stood and rose above them.
    "Okay, I don't know w-what your deal i-is with me, but can I j-just say that whatever you t-think I did, I didn't do it!I h-have no idea why you're v-vexed with me! If you would j-just take a moment and tell me why y-you've been attacking me, maybe w-we can sort something out." Mend stared at the Wyvern dead in the eyes for a few seconds. His face twisted into anger and hatred.
    "ARE YOU SERIOUS YOU STUPID BAT!? YOU KILLED ME IN COLD BLOOD! NOW YOU'RE PLAYING THIS STUPID LITTLE 'oh, I don't know what you're saying' ACT! I'M GONNA RIP YOUR GODDAMN SPINE OUT!"
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:43 am

Zerinika backed away from the screaming madman, her ears snapping back against her skull to block out the noise. "ARE YOU SERIOUS YOU STUPID BAT!? YOU KILLED ME IN COLD BLOOD! NOW YOU'RE PLAYING THIS STUPID LITTLE 'oh, I don't know what you're saying' ACT! I'M GONNA RIP YOUR GODDAMN SPINE OUT!" She whined as the man screeched at her, but before she could reply, her pupils dilated into slits, and her eyes glazed over, her vision going back for a moment before memories flashed before her. But these couldn't be hers, the wyvern in these was grey. But it had the same necklace and scars she has now...

Mend was frozen in fear, and Zerinika grinned at his fear. "And now you'll see why they all fear me." Zerinika said, lunging at Mend and throwing him against the castle wall with a sickening crack. Not giving him time to recover, Zerinika charged at Mend, pinning him against the wall.

She ignored the change as Mend became possessed by his inner demon, and instead grabbed him and flung him towards another building, effectively crushing his leg in the process. Advancing towards the pathetic being, Zerinika grinned, exposing her paralysis fangs. When Mend got up, leaning against the wall and drew his sword, Zerinika laughed. "And you think a
    petty sword like that can defeat me?!" Zerinika laughed, flicking the sword from Mend's hand with her tail, breaking it by catching it in the air in her mouth and snapping her jaws shut hard.

Advancing on Mend, Zerinika swung her tail blade around, before lunging forward and grabbing Mend around his waist, bringing her jaws together with a sickening snap. Blood splattered all over her face, coloring her scarlet from the thick liquid. the two halves of Mend fell from either side of her jaws, a sadistic grin on her face. "You're next"

Her vision faded back to normal, and her eyes returned to normal, before she looked towards Mend with a sorrowful and frightened expression. "Oh gods, no... I-I... I-'m s-sorry! I didn't k-know... I d-d-don't remember a-anything, p-p-please... I..." She choked on sobs, tears falling from her face as she shuddered in fear, huddling down to be as small as she could go.

Starshooter felt the ring on his finger grow hot as it sensed the presence of another mage. Turning to his companions, he gave a mock bow. "Excuse me for a moment, I need to go see something. I'll take Falx with me.", and without so much as warning, he and Falx were gone, and in a blink of an eye were nearby the current predicament, just in time to hear the tail end of it. Walking up, Starshooter lazily placed a hand on Mend's shoulder, his hand glowing silver as he melted the ice, but still kept him frozen in place.

"Now then. Mind explaining what's going on here - without yelling please?" He said calmly, directing the last comment towards Mend.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content