Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the world of Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising! Will you succumb to the impending madness? Or perhaps live long enough to reach the realm of the sun?

+5
Loony
Radiant Spark
Darkspirit
Funnio987
Gunia
9 posters

Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising

Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising - Page 6 Empty Re: Lost Ruins of Chaos Rising

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:00 pm

Starshooter shrugged. Lowering himself gently to the ground, he nodded at The Time Spirit. "It seems that your here again for another reason?" He said, ignoring as his quartz ring glowed, sensing the Ruin Spirit's magical presence, but it seemed to glow brighter this time, almost as though there was a more powerful entity nearby. Obsidian took a recount of everyone, making sure they were all there. Yes, they were. 'Good.' He thought, waiting for The Time Spirit's latest reason for appearing.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:01 pm

Jest brushed his hand along his mechanical arm, attempting to unclog the ash that had gotten stuck. he glanced up at their frequent visitor, the Time Spirit, feeling quite bored with the suspense and mystery that seemed to cling to the spirits core.
    "You honestly have nothing better to do than appear before us at every turning point in this journey? I know your time must be unlimited, but you are wasting mine." Jest growled, giving his arm a firm shake in a last attempt to dislodge the firm sticking ash. A small nagging voice in his head was telling him he shouldn't take annoyance out on an all powerful spirit but Jest ignored it. They had places to be, places assigned to them by this very spirit holding them up. 'The reason this spirit doesn't just spit it out all in one go eludes me.'
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:01 pm

~And here I am thinking you'd like to hear this piece of information I'd gathered. It's about your past Jest, while you were offline.~The silver dragon said, glancing at Starshooter's ring for a moment, eyes narrowing. 'So. It seems I'm not the only one visiting them.' The Time Spirit thought to herself, before turning back to Jest. ~You have always wanted to know what happened while you were offline yes? Don't worry, this small favor, I do not need a task in exchange for.~ "Lucky you." Obsidian muttered, clearly annoyed, but then again, wasn't he always annoyed?
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:04 pm

((OOC: This is a co-written post by me and AnimeWolfSoul. Spheal with it XD))

Jest, who had once again been eyeing Starshooter’s ring froze as the Time Spirits words sank in. Information on that? How... never mind. Jest shook his head in an attempt to clear the muddled thoughts. All that matters is that the spirit has what I want. He took a shaky breath as the anger slowly ebbed away, leaving raw curiosity in its place. “You are giving this information away for free? No strings attached? You must know how important acquiring this is for me, and you have no desire to use it to your advantage?”

Jest inquired, bewildered that the spirit would present an opportunity like this. Nothing in life came free without sacrificing something else.

~No tricks. Nothing. I’m not like the Spirit of Darkness, I don’t cheat people out of their memories.~ The Time Spirit said, taking one last glance at Starshooter’s ring. ~All this information I will give to you for free, and It shall help you along the way.~

Flicking her tail, The Time Spirit called up a small amount of sand that swirled around her. ~Only you will be able to see this vision Jest.~ The Time Spirit said, as a wall of sand swirled around Jest, and he found himself looking at the lab. But something seemed amiss, the scientists were panicked, and they seemed to be barring an iron door.

Jest coughed as the mass of sand surrounded him, eye widening as he surveyed the scene before him. The panic, harsh, angry sounds echoing from behind the iron door, and if he listened carefully he could make out words. Scrambled sounds took the formation of words, which in turn translated into curses. The people were cursing Jests name, shouting angrily about the creature behind the barred door. Jest flinched in surprise as he connected his influence on the situation. However before he could analyse the situation more, a harsh shredding sound rang throughout the room.

The iron door had been torn right off its hinges, crushing scientists as it was flung against the opposite wall. A large reptilian creature revealed itself in the shattered doorway, eyes gleaming with malice.

With a blood curling roar it lunged itself at the scientists, who of course, had no chance against it in their state of panic. Blood and gore splattered the walls and bodies littered the floor until there was nothing left but the sounds of backup machines restarting their programs. The monster slid down the familiar hallway, towards a room he knew all too well. it paused outside the door, one large eye pressing itself against the window as it glanced in warily.

The room was filled with wires, machines and weapons. Maps lined the walls and there was a small desk that was piled with notes and papers. Hooked up to one of the machines was a cyborg that Jest knew all too well. It was him. “An eye for an eye, and my talons for your life. I’ll be back for you cyborg.” Then, the reptile fled the lab, escaping into the ruins. The sand vanished, and with it, so did the vision, leaving Jest with a sick feeling in the pit of his stomach.

“...That’s good to know” Jest grimaced. His hand fumbled in his pocket, searching for the bone shard. He had a feeling the creature was one of his own design. And that revenge she spoke of, would soon be carried out.

~Take heed of this Jest, as it could decide life or death for you.~

“Sorry, but I have been on the brink of that for a while now. Only being half alive and all”

~Probably not the best time to be smart assed Jest.~

Jest raised an eyebrow but otherwise kept silent. He wore a smirk that signalled he obviously did not agree with the spirits statement.

“So, what exactly happened?” Obsidian said, sitting down next to Jest. ~I’m sure Jest will tell You.~ The Time Spirit said, disappearing in a flash of light.

Jest looked down at his companion, mischief gleaming in his eye. “ I’ll go one step ahead and show you.” He lifted up his mechanical arm and drew in the air, flicking his wrist this way and that as he cut through the air and left a light blue line in its wake. “I have always wanted to try this.”

Jest stepped back as he finished drawing the box, inside of which was darkness. He lifted his arm again, closed his eye and collected up the memory he wished to show, the molecular structure forming in the box and mirroring his experience of the scene. The metal structure of his arm channelled the molecules and released them into the space inside the box, which was now faintly showing the beginning of the memory, growing clearer the more energy was given into remembering and replicating the scene.

Jest lowered his arm as the hologram was completed, awaiting his signal to start playback. He was filed with pride at the sight of his first projection, a skill that all cyborgs had been programmed with but Jest never had the time or requirement to try it out.

Obsidian watched the playback with interest. It showed the reptile attacking the scientists, but the playback stopped when it left the room. Then the realization hit Obsidian. “Jest. You realize who that was right?”

Jest glanced down at Obsidian, “Of course. I was the one who engineered her to be that way.”

“Yea. I figured, but do you know WHO she is?”

“Who else? Zerinika. I am more intelligent than you give me credit for”

“So everything that’s been happening is your fault? Brilliant. Bravo.” Cosmic said dryly. Gravity growled, and Starshooter scoffed. “So, Azure and Serpentine’s death was your doing? You know, we should leave you here, you’ve caused enough trouble as is.” Gravity said, hostility eminent in her voice.

Jest scowled, a growl raising in his voice as he spoke “I may have created her, but I have no controlover the current situation? Yes, I fucking created her. No I did not have any control on what she did!” His tail lashed as he spoke, and exaggerated gestures accompanied his words. Jests voice rose as he came to the end of his rant, a harsh tone which could have been better controlled.

Cheetah backed up, sensing that something bad was about to happen. Gravity didn’t disappoint. With a harsh screech, the Absol leapt at Jest, ready to claw out his eye. Obsidian however, was faster. Acting on instinct, the vulpine intercepted the attack, sending Gravity sprawling. “ENOUGH! I have had just about enough of all of you! Yes, He may have created Zerinika, but as he said, that does not hold him responsible for her actions!” Obsidian growled, giving Gravity a glare that could peel paint of a wall.

Jest was truley and utterly baffled by Obsidians actions. He turned and gave a short glance in Obsidians direction before looking at Gravity who was momentarily collapsed on the floor and muttered a few low words in his native language to her.

"And why exactly did you do that? I figured you'd perfer to let her take a few swings at me before stepping in" Jest called to Obsidian who had pulled ahead of the group. If Jest made a list of those who would defend him, Obsidian was definately at lowest place.

"You obviously didn't notice that if she had of hit you, she would of made you blind. You are of no use to me blind, now are you? Your already half blind as it is." Obsidian replied, glancing back at Gravity, who was getting up. Growling, she hissed at Obsidian. "You DARE interfere with my business?! Had he of not created Zerinika, Azure and Serpentine would still be alive!" The absol screeched, throwing a rock at Obsidian, which the vulpine dodged with ease.

Standing next to where the boulder hit, Obsidian growled. "I wouldn't try that again if I were you Gravity." Obsidian said in a low, dangerous voice. Gravity however didn't take his warning. Growling, the blue absol ran at Obsidian, her head scythe glowing as three rocks flew at Obsidian. "That's your own stupidity then." He growled, jumping up into the air.

Landing on one of the boulders, Obsidian melted into the shadows, disappearing completely from view. Coming up behind Gravity, he spun, the side of his tail blade hitting the absol along the head, sending her sprawling. Getting to ther feet, Gravity charged at Obsidian, who jumped over her, skidding as he landed. Gravity turned, throwing another rock at Obsidian. This one hit him in the shoulder, along where the scar was. Obsidian stumbled, but didn't fall.

Wincing a bit, Obsidian charged at Gravity, but as she was about to attack, the vulpine spun, the edge of his tail blade stopping just at her neck. "I told you it was a bad idea to attack me." He said quietly, his voice barely a hiss. Gravity's eyes widened, but Obsidian took his tail blade away. "Now don't try that again." Obsidian growled, walking back to where Jest was.

Jest stared down at Obsidian, an intrigued glint in his eye. He let out a low whistle at the turn of events, before spinning on his heel and striding towards the huge doors that blocked the entrance to the Last citadel. they were inscribed with runes that were illuminated in the gloom, radiating the old magic. Once these doors were opened they would remain so until the day the guardkeeper ordered them closed. Jest felt along the stone wall until he came across a series of grooves.

Using his robotic arm he traced a pattern inside them, all the while activating his ability to manipulate molecules in order to fool the system. The proper method of summoning the guardkeeper involved a blood sacrifice to the grooves however he had no intention of spilling his own. This method would work just as well.

The others gathered closer to the doors, Starshooter began inspecting them with interest of the magics used to seal it. As soon as the process was completed Jest stood back, allowing room for the figure to emerge from the carvings that decorated the entrance hall. The guardkeeper towered overhead, clad in black and silver armour, it clasped a strange twisted spear in its hands. It spoke with a booming voice in the language of the ancients, its deep tone ringing throughout the ruins. "Crap, what was the phrase again? something to do with passage. Supose I should of paid attention to how they spoke" Jest cursed under his breath, the words coming quick as he fought to remember the expected reply that granted access to the city beyond.

With a jolt the memories regarding the citadel flooded back, along with them was the pass phrase. Jest stared up at the guardkeeper a he spoke the old words. Upon hearing the ancient pass phrase the the large stone creature moved towards the doors, slotting his spear into one of the enterlocking grooves.

A bright flash of light came from within the doors as they opened, illimunating the cavern walls. Loud groans sounded as locks clicked and slid out of place, the magics guarding the doors faded and the guardkeeper stepped back into the carving. The doors swung open, revealing the maze like city. The Last Citadel.

Obsidian looked ahead, looking at the city before him. Grinning he dashed through the entrance. "C'mon slowpokes!" he called, racing into The Last Citadel. Their first destination.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Vienna stayed for the most part quiet after the rather interesting turn of events, following in the back of the group like a mysterious shadow. She seemed to be rather preoccupied with her own thoughts, almost looking out of phase with reality as she slowly trudged behind the active group. In fact, she had been no less then silent ever since part of Jest's past was revealed. She glanced up as the heavy door to The Last Citadel swung open, Obsidian wasting no time dashing through the entrance.
    The Last Citadel... why was she here again? She couldn't quite remember. Something about weapons. Or perhaps a haven? Or was it something else? Gently shaking her head Vienna forced herself to get a hold of her wandering thoughts. She couldn't go crazy. Not here. Not now. Yet it was impending. Being underground for so long, she didn't know if she could handle it. How long had it been since she'd seen the sun? Days? Weeks? Months? She didn't know. Couldn't remember...
    Vienna gave herself a mental slap, bringing her mind back to reality for the moment. Going nuts was the last thing she planned to do. Gathering her mind she walked through the doors to The Last Citadel, following pursuit of Obsidian.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Cheetah jumped into the air, spreading her wings. Getting air under her feathers, she flew after Vienna, as everyone else followed. Gravity shot Jest one last hostile glance before bounding after Cosmic, who was waiting at the door. Starshooter walked up to Jest. "Interesting turn of events there. It's no surprise since Gravity was the closest to Azure and Serpentine." He said, glancing at the quartz ring, which still glowed. "Hmm... Interesting..." He muttered, walking off.

Cheetah flew up behind Vienna. She landed silently, coming up next to her, she held her cheetah tooth necklace. "What's up? You seem... Edgy." She said, putting her hands in her pockets.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:05 pm

Jest sighed, releasing the breath he didn't realise he had been holding. 'Enough entertainment for one day, i should think.'
    He walked after the others, quickly catching up to their retreating figures. Jest smiled as he surveyed the Last Citadel, his long lost home. It felt good to be back. Although it did have a musky scent in the air, probably from not being inhabited for many years.
    Jest pondered Starshooters words as he fell into stride with the others, a happy feeling in the pit of his stomach despite the death glare he was receiving every now and then. That ring of his keeps getting more and more.... interesting. I would like to know the extent of it and it's bearers abilities.
    "We should make for the castle, It's the safest place for refuge" He called to Obsidian " We need rest before we traverse the rest of the city"

Jest looked out the corner of his eye at Vienna, who seemed slightly off ever since we entered the last citadel.' Nerves? Well, i'll leave it up to Cheetah. I'd probably make whatever's wrong worse'. Either way, the faster we get to shelter the better off all of us will be.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:06 pm

((OOC: Just giving the new RPer an entrance opportunity.))

Cosmic's ears perked at the sound of something nearby. Growling, his eyes glowed, and her pounced at something behind the wall. "Who are you?" He growled silently, pinning her stranger to the ground.

Obsidian nodded to Jest. "I agree. Everyone's probably getting tired. We better takes shifts on watching. The place is still a minefield of danger. I'll take the first watch." Obsidian said. He tried not to appear fatigued, but it was near impossible to stay awake for as long as he had.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Jest smiled in agreement and lead the group towards the beginning of the labyrinth that was known as the first area. "We'll be there in less than an hour if we keep a steady pace," he assured them in his usual amused tone of voice. The cyborg shoved his hands in his pockets and assumed a relaxed posture, humming off tune to himself while keeping pace with Obsidian. He vaguely wondered if conversation should be made but quickly dismissed the idea, if someone brings up a topic i'll join in. If not i'll reserve my remaining focus and energy.
    'Speaking of which, Obsidian wasn't looking so good. Not that i had a standard on which to judge the health of whatever species he is. Probably should keep an eye on him just in case.'
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Obsidian shook his head to clear his vision, his jewel necklace clattering against the spikes on his collar. 'I probably shouldn't take the first watch. Being fatigued is a death trap in the ruins.' He thought, his tri-colored eyes scanning the large cavern. He looked back to count who was with them. "Jest, hold up, Cosmic's missing." He said, looking through the darkness.

"Starshooter, can we have some light? We have to find Cosmic as soon as possible." Obsidian said, the sharp, bristled fur along his spine slightly raised, in case of imminent danger. "Of course." Starshooter said, a ball of light appearing in his palm. Gravity looked around in the light. "Crap! Cosmic, where the hell are you?!" She growled, searching around.

Cosmic perked his ears at the voices. He growled at the newcomer pinned beneath his claws. "You may join us if you wish, but beware, I'm keeping my eye on you." He growled, jumping off the newcomer and racing back to the group. "Sorry, Should've warned ya before I wandered off." He said, wincing as Gravity clipped him over the head with a paw. "Idiot. You could of been killed!" She hissed, scolding her brother.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:07 pm

"Oh, it's, uh, it's nothing..." Vienna mumbled, training her eyes on the ground. She didn't even bother looking up at Cheetah. She wasn't about to admit that being trapped underground without the sun for so long was slowly making her crazy, as that was probably the last thing the group needed. A crazy reptilian girl with deadly venom. She shuddered at the thought. That was the LAST thing she wanted to happen. "Really... I'm fine..." she continued to lie. If she did go crazy, they would find out eventually.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Cheetah crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow. "Really? 'cause you don't seem fine to me." She said, watching the scene that went on as Cosmic went missing, then came back from nowhere with slight confusion.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

"I'll be fine..." she replied, shoving her hands into her pockets. She really wished she would stop prying her and just leave her alone. She didn't someone prying into her mental affairs, even if she was probably mentally unstable at this point.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Cheetah shrugged. "Okay, but just so you know, It's kinda noticeable that you're not fine." She said, walking back towards Cosmic and Gravity.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Vienna rolled her eyes, not that Cheetah could see it. At least she left, which would give Vienna more silence to focus on not going crazy. Heck, she didn't even want to think about what would happen if she lost it. She chuckled nervously, which probably sounded odd to anyone who was paying the slightest attention. She would be alright, it would just take some time... That's all... tiiime... Right...?
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:08 pm

Jest halted, half listening to the current conversations. He was curious about Cosmic's previous whereabouts but knew what would happen if he approached him about it in Gravity's presence. To be safe he checked the immediate area for danger. All clear. Must of simply gotten distracted. Jest groaned, feeling drained from using his abilities. He was running out of power fast, those injuries must of been pretty bad.
    Jest backtracked until he was standing next to Starshooter and rested his arm on the mage, half leaning on him for support. Now, if he did this with anyone else he would'v gotten his head bitten off. That and those who literally would bite him were too short to offer support. "Crap, should of accounted for the fact a few hundred years of being out of action would dull my abilities for a while" Jest muttered under his breath, grasping his pounding head. Just a few minutes, that's all. The pain should be bearable by then.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Rakata flitted amongst the ruined city, occasionally getting a glance at the large group she was following. She had been following them for a while now, and lucky for her none of them had noticed. Yet. She peered around a broken section of wall, watching the troop trudge along. She wondered what they were doing anyway. Her best guess was that they got stuck there like her, but why were they all banded up? They seemed a very unlikely group, and from what she saw some of them even hated each other. One girl in particular looked like she hated everybody. So why band together? Refuge? Saftey? Possibly. But more important than any of that was finding out where they were going, as she was highly curious.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Starshooter looked at Jest in surprize as he leaned against him for support. "Never would've guessed that a cyborg could tire easily." He said, a hint of teasing in his voice, but other than that, he left Jest alone. Cosmic walked next to Gravity, his ears perked for any sense of anything else. His sense focused on something small nearby. Growling he stopped, his eyes pinpointing the location of the creature. Running up towards Obsidian, who looked towards Cosmic with mild interest. "There's something nearby. Small, maybe eight inches." He said, and Obsidian blinked in surprize. "I doubt that something that small is much of a problem Cosmic." He said, and Cosmic shrugged, walking back to Gravity.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:09 pm

Rakata darted back behind the rock when Cosmic's eyes spotted her. That probably wasn't good. Then she heard Obsidian's comment. Not much of a problem?! What did he mean by that?! "I'll show him how 'much of a problem' I can-" she paused. That probably wasn't a very good idea. Taking a deep breath she attempted to calm herself. This sort of thing was the reason she always got in trouble at home. At least at home everyone was her size. Here they were much much bigger, which meant she would have to learn how to keep ahold of herself.

Rakata chuckled. Like that was going to happen. Darting forward and behind another wall section in order to keep up she geared her thoughts toward wondering where the group was headed.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Obsidian's ears perked at the sound of talking, not someone from the group. Keeping his steady pace forwards, he looked towards where the sound came from. "You guys stay here... I'll be right back." He said, disappearing into the shadows. Looking to where the noise came from, he followed it to where a pixie stood, just as Cosmic said, it was just eight inches tall. "A bit small for someone with a big mouth don't ya think?" He said, appearing behind the pixie.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Rakata jumped, whirling around to face the much larger being. Where had he come from? Not like it mattered anyway. She was found, and judging by what he asked her he had heard what she said, which meant she was probably toast as well. Thinking fast she shot a cloud of dust into the beings face before turning and darting away. <Dust spell. Easy, yet handy.> she thought, risking a glance back to see if she was being followed.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Glass Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:10 pm

Shaking his head to clear the dust, Obsidian growled. "Oh you little piece of..." He growled, diving into the shadows, chasing after the pixie. Then the pixie glance backwards, Obsidian took his chance. Shooting ahead of the pixie, he jumped out of the shadows in front of her, leaving her no exit as shadows surrounded them. "So, a dust spell... You are one arrogant pixie." Obsidian growled, the line of fur along his spine bristled, showing sharp points. Those would hurt if they were touched.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Rakata nearly yelped when Obidian landed in front of her. She also nearly ran into him, coming to a fleeting stop less than an inch away from his nose. She instsntltybacked away, before realizing the looming shadows left no path for her to take. Yep. NOW she was toast. She held her thorn dagger nervously, knowing it probably wasn't going to be much use against him.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

Obsidian figured he should scare the pixie some more, but decided against it. "Your lucky I decided not to scare you even more." He said, settling for using shadows to pin her to the ground instead. "Now then. I'll offer you the choice to join our group, as it's dangerous to be wandering the ruins alone." Obsidian said, the fur along his spine laying flat again. "Although I highly doubt something of your size could be of help anyway." He said, before letting the shadows release the pixie. "The name's Obsidian by the way" Obsidian said, before disappearing into the shadows. Appearing back at the group, Obsidian looked back towards everyone. "Well, that's sorted. We can continue on now." He said, resuming his forward pace.
    Glass
    Glass
    Founder
    Founder

"..." It took Rakata a moment to register what had just happened. First of all, she wasn't toast. Second, Obsidian could control shadows. Third, did he greet everyone that way? Seriously, how'd he get such a large group by scaring everyone half to death? And what was with the size criteria?! Small doesn't mean unable. At least, it's not SUPPOSED to mean unable. She reeeaaally wanted to stab him in the nose for that. Really really badly.
    Even though it probably wasn't a good idea. She REALLY wanted to stab him in the nose.

Before she entirely registered what she was going to do she was flying toward the group, stopping right in front of Obsidian and giving him a good sized slice in the nose with her thorn. She then shouted something about small not meaning useless befode darting off again.

Gosh darn her arrogant nature. It was probably going to get her killed someday. She just hoped that day wasn't today.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content